Thursday, March 12, 2009

Water Fountain


How would you feel if these drinking fountains were in your school? Pick a perspective of either a white or black student living in the Civil Rights time period. Post a comment describing your reaction. Write at least five sentences.

4 comments:

  1. I am a black child-
    Today is just like any other day. I walk through the halls of my own school and yet I still don’t feel comfortable in my own skin. They say that segregation is happening, yet deep down they know it’s not. We still have separate water fountains and why? Do they think we have cooties?
    -- Michael --

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a white child-
    I wish we didn’t have to be in the same building as them! We were all educated just fine before with little conflict, so why change things now? I don’t even like the idea of having our water fountain right beside theirs, let alone on the same floor.
    -- Olivia --

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a black child-
    I don’t want to be here and they don’t want me here! Why is everyone trying so hard to consolidate us, when we all know it’s not a good thing! Look, they even still provide separate water fountains so why not give us separate schools?
    -- Sarah --

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a white child-
    I feel bad for the way that my friends are being treated. When I go home we play together and eat together, yet at school we can’t associate with one another. I just wish that things would be different and that all people were treated fair. Maybe someday…
    -- Jacob --

    ReplyDelete