"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Martin Luther King
Thursday, March 12, 2009
"I Have a Dream"
After reading M.L.K. Journey Of A King and watching M.L.K's "I Have A Dream" speech, what impact has this had on your journey to reach your goals. What dreams do you have for your future?
I have big dreams for myself in life, and after listening to M.L.K.s speech I realized that anything can be accomplished. I’m sure as I get older my goals will change, but as of now this are a few of my dreams. -Meeting the President -Going to college -Traveling around the world -Living a long time
Julia dreams to graduate college. Sarah dreams to pass all block classes. Kristina dreams of being a trophy wife, which we know wont happen. Moriah dreams of a day when women dont have cramps. Amanda dreams of getting through the day! GO CATS! MEEEEOOOWWW
We think the video was still moving. It gives us goosebumps to this day. We hope that Martin's dream is still being sought after today even though much progress has been made since his time.
This interactive blog is designed for 5th grade students. There are many activities for the students to engage in on the blog. On this blog you will find a poll related to "The Watson’s go to Birmingham-1963" by Christopher Paul Curtis. There are also Creative Responses where students view photographs then take the perspective of either a black or white student going to school in the south. We hope you enjoy looking around our blog. Please feel free to comment on any of our posts.
Water Fountain
Photo by Thomas D. Mcavoy
Which character did you relate to the most in the "Watson's Go To Birmingham - 1963?"
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI have big dreams for myself in life, and after listening to M.L.K.s speech I realized that anything can be accomplished. I’m sure as I get older my goals will change, but as of now this are a few of my dreams.
ReplyDelete-Meeting the President
-Going to college
-Traveling around the world
-Living a long time
The I have a dream speech is very powerful and touching. It gave me goosebumps! I have a dream to be a powerful teacher!
ReplyDeleteJulia dreams to graduate college. Sarah dreams to pass all block classes. Kristina dreams of being a trophy wife, which we know wont happen. Moriah dreams of a day when women dont have cramps. Amanda dreams of getting through the day! GO CATS! MEEEEOOOWWW
ReplyDeleteI have a dream to one day be an explicit, powerful, meaningful teacher.
ReplyDeleteWe think the video was still moving. It gives us goosebumps to this day. We hope that Martin's dream is still being sought after today even though much progress has been made since his time.
ReplyDelete